All our furniture is hand made to order.
For more information on the commissioning process, please see how we work
DOMINIC & REBECCA'S KITCHEN
As is the process in all our commissions, we spent many hours working with Dominic and Rebecca (and Peter from FC Architects) in the design of their new kitchen. Situated on the lower ground floor, this work marked the completion of many years spent remodeling their five storey Victorian town house into a series of modern, beautiful spaces. Like many contemporary homes, relaxing, cooking, dining and outdoor spaces flow seamlessly from one to another, a hub for all the activities of daily family life. We also advised and supported with the overall lighting scheme and garden design / layout.
Materials & Features
- Semi matt lacquered doors in two Farrow & Ball tones : Moles Breath & Ammonite
- Solid walnut timber detailing / framing throughout
- Pearl grey Corian work surfaces and full upstand
- Back lit Lime ice Corian light box
- Gaggenau conventional oven and matching steam oven; Barazza hob; Elica Twin extractor
- 360cm long island with breakfast bar and custom turned walnut legs
- Fully integrated under stairs storage including pantry in contrasting dark grey carcas
FC Architects, London
Andrea & John's kitchen
As part of a complete remodeling of the back of their house, Andrea and John and their architect, Delphine of Chadwick Dryer Clarke Studio extended us a great deal of artistic license in the creation of their kitchen furniture. John, an engineer, was very taken with our idea of a rotating island top and went on to design the metal structure which made it all work. Other features included screen printed glass doors using photographs of some of their favourite Norfolk beaches; back lit translucent Corian for an injection of almost acid yellow colour; a 5m long bench in hand painted tulip-wood supported by five individually turned legs and completed by an olive veneered plywood drawer unit.
Thanks to Delphine and her team for creating a fantastic space, voluminous and full of light, and for the supply of some great photographs, some of which have been used here.
Materials & Features
- Semi matt lacquered doors in two Farrow & Ball tones : Olive and Ball Green
- Solid wenge timber detailing / framing throughout
- Cameo white Corian work surfaces and rotating bar
- Lime ice Corian light box and shelf
- Screen printed low iron glass cabinet doors
- Oliver veneered plywood drawer unit and back rest
- Hand painted tulip-wood seat, frame and legs
- Miele appliances throughout including two ovens, a steam oven, coffee machine and domino hobs.
Dan & Crik's kitchen
Dan and Crik's re-configuring of their ground floor space, we were
asked to design, make and install a soft and functional kitchen for the
family. Centre stage is a sleek island which acts as the main food prep
area as well as providing a perch for more social interaction. A large
bank of units houses the appliances and the bulk of the storage while
the single wall unit was kept low to keep the space as open as possible -
it's height was determined by a concealed extractor. Crik's choice of a
dusty pink to the walls works wonderfully with the muted tones used for
the kitchen furniture.
- Bisque corian work surfaces with matching corian sink
- Solid american black walnut framing and reveals
- Semi matt laquered doors in two Farrow & Ball tones : Elephant's Breath & Charleston Grey
- Backlit strawberry ice Corian
- SIEMENS appliances including a large induction hob and two ovens.
Louis' cinemaHolland Park, London
with Sophie Amini, we translated her sketches into this substantial
piece of traditional cabinetry. Conceived as a large dresser unit, a
centrally placed projection screen is flanked by two recessed shelving
units, while the lower sections house all the electronic equipment
hidden behind simply moulded shaker doors. A matching wall mounted
projector housing was also built and installed. In all, Sophie's
treatment of a wonderful Georgian room resulted in a fabulous place for
Louis to sit back and enjoy a film with friends and family.
- Solid english elm finished in hard wax oil
- Orange laminate drawer bases
- Reclaimed oak beehive cabinet knobs
Sophie Amini Design, London
George's kitchenPrimrose Hill, London.
George commissioned us to design and build a small kitchen for his flat in Primrose Hill. To minimise visual weight we reduced the height of the unit to 50cm and cantilevered it off the rear wall. We avoided traditional wall units to keep the space as open as possible, opting for a Longbox by Belle and Bespoke. Work surface, sink and doors were all crafted from corian for an homogeneous feel. Ambient lighting and splashback were integrated in the form of a white glass upstand backlit with coloured fluorescents. Additional storage was provided by an old jewellers cabinet sourced from Durham - the insides were updated and painted bright pink to contrast wonderfully with the old wooden framed glass doors.
- Bone Corian
- White laminated glass
- Miele domino hobs and extra wide oven
Richard & Shona's furniture
and Shona had invited interior designer Kate Monckton to work with them
in the complete refurbishment of their Hampstead property. We were
commissioned to detail design a low console unit and a set of four solid
walnut doors incorporating some delicate reclaimed brass glazing units
The console unit was designed with slatted door fronts to allow the
hidden electronic equipment to continue to work via remote. Thanks to
Kate for the supply of the photography used here.
- American black walnut with hard wax oil finish
- Reclaimed glazing panels
- Bronze ironmongery
Kate Monckton Interior Design, London
A small selection of some of the furniture we've designed and made.